Registered Nurse Resume
Dedicated RN with 8 years of experience in medical-surgical environments of two major hospitals. Currently seeking career transition into clinical nursing research.
Solid foundation in statistics, surgical procedures, analytical methodologies and tools, and pharmaceuticals, as well as current advances in healthcare.
Special interest includes management of diabetes research trials, due to lengthy background and experience in diabetes education and training on diabetes management and pharmaceutical interventions
Operating Room Nurse
4/2011 – Present, PETER PAN HOSPITAL, Neverland, SC
Preparation and care of pre-operative patients; oversee preparation of surgical theater; assist surgeons during operative procedures; manage post-operative patient care.
- JCAHO survey participant. Received score of 97%Participated in JCAHO survey with resultant score of 95 percent with commendation.
- Received Surgical Achievement Award, 2006 for high quality of standards and safety procedures.
- Planned and executed education and training programs, seminars, and workshops on endocrinology, securing renowned endocrinologists as presenters and the participation of 100+ healthcare professionals from all over the U.S.
- Participant in post-graduate coursework in new research methods and treatment standards for diabetes
- Conducted staff professional development training programs on wide array of topics related to OR procedures and diabetes education
- Supervised ongoing quality assurance (QA) programs that surpassed JCAHO standards resulting in a consistent “Superior” rating.
- Co-authored a curriculum and study guide for improving the quality of on-the-job-training for surgical nursing staff.
- Authored a manual of SOPs for the hospital pre- and post-operative surgical staging areas.
- Authored study guide and orientation packet credited with improving quality and thoroughness of staff on-the-job-training (OJT) program.
6/2007 – 3/2011
BFC HOSPITAL, Canterbury NJ
Performed clinical tasks and functions in a 30-bed renal-care unit. Assessed patient conditions and stages; supervised medicine administration and para-professional staff; maintained data-base of patient charts; assessed acute and emergency situations.
- Managed care cycle from admission through release
- Performed education and training for patients and their family members on post-hospitalization care and pharmaceutical management
- Implemented instructional protocols for new nurses and residents
- Collaborated with teams of medical professionals to design, implement, and evaluate individual patient treatment plans.
6/2013 FDA Training Institute, Washington DC
- Completed comprehensive course on pharmaceutical training in areas of compliance, product shelf life and stability, and immunology
5/2011 CCI Institute, Farmville VA
- CNOR certification
5/2007 CAPSTONE UNIVERSITY, Springfield VA
- BSN (Bachelor of Science, Nursing)
- Dean’s List – 2003-2007
- Superior ratings on all clinical rotations
- President, Local Chapter of Nursing Student Association
- Patient/Case Management
- Clinical Research Protocols
- Data Management
- Healthcare Education/Training
- JCAHO Compliance
- Public Relations
- Quality Assurance/Control
NOW FOR ONLY 250?